Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ice Cream Wars

Oh ice cream, why did I buy you two weeks ago? Luckily, Richard ate a full carton by himself (what to do with that man), but the cookie dough ice cream has been calling my name a lot this weekend, and I answered that call.

Someone told a funny story in church today. In short, this guy said his grandmother had some weight-issues, and she was trying to combat her sweets addiction. So being a religious person, she prayed about it. And the next day she woke up and announced she no longer liked chocolate. According to her grandson, she was dead serious; that she no longer cared for the taste. And from then on she found it easy to say no to chocolate.

It was a funny story, and afterwards, my friend nudged me with his elbow. I guess I know how to solve my addiction problem now! Hahaha. In all seriousness, though, I think prayer is a good tool to use when combating an addiction.

But another good idea is not buying the ice cream in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I am having the same problem right now with a pint of Trader Joe's cookies n cream. But J is not helping me eat it!

    ReplyDelete